If you love my blog then you will know that I love comfort food. One of my favourite comfort foods has to be sausages, I love all types of sausages, but sometimes you just can’t beat a good old Lincolnshire pork.
I have been very busy and was in need of a dish that was easy to make, that I didn’t have to stand over and that was also easy to reheat any left overs without losing flavour. So sausage stew it was, this was super economical too as I used some leftover vegetables.
- 1 pack of Lincolnshire pork sausages
- 1 red onion, chopped
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced
- A handful of carrots, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250ml of instant gravy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A dash of cooking oil
- Add oil, sausages and onion to a pan and brown
- Add salt, pepper and garlic
- Add gravy
- Add mushrooms and carrots
- Simmer on a low heat for around one hour
- Serve with vegetables and potatoes of choice