I was recently invited to a barbeque where all guests were asked to bring a dish. I was delighted with the invite but a bit stuck on what to take along with me as I had a very busy week and not a lot of time to put into food preparation.
So I decided to cheat a little bit by adding my own twist to some pre-seasoned cous cous. Cous Cous is such a quick and cost effective way to add some excitement to any meal.
This was my first time trying something from the Ainsley Harriott range and after much deliberation I opted for the spice sensation flavour. This flavour definitely has a hint of morocco so I decided to add my own little additions of dried apricots and fresh coriander.
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott spice sensation cous cous
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Approximately 12 dried apricots
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 lemon
- Add the cous cous to a large bowl
- Add the stock cube to 160ml of boiling water and stir
- Add the stock to the cous cous and gently stir to ensure cous cous is covered with the water, allow to stand for five minutes
- Mix cous cous with a fork and allow to cool
- Chop dried apricots in half
- Chop some coriander
- Add the apricots and coriander to the cous cous with the juice of a lemon and stir
- Add to a serving bowl, add more lemon juice and some coriander leaves to dress